- Artist -Painter
- From India
Amit kapoor is a leading master of watercolor medium in India. He has been recognized with top international honors for his paintings and his art graces the walls of many private and corporate collectors. He is in constant demand for solo exhibitions, workshops and instruction. His art captures the very soul of his subjects with passion. His exceptional drawing skills and extra ordinary abilities In art makes him proficient in any medium. His subjects include lot of compositional works where lovely play of light and shadow and prespectives are the main traits He is also the co founder and Principal of Anitoons The School Of Art And Animation. He is guest lecturer in many prestigious Art colleges like College of Art, Delhi, Apeejay Institute of Design, Jamia Millia Islamia (Mass Communication department), Meerabai Institute of technology . He was also in the jury Panel of Jamia Millia Islamia (Mass Communication department), in the jury panel of Jaipur Animation Film Festival (JAFF). He has been interviewed by several International influential media and magazines and he has high reputation for professional production and inspired leadership. Recently in 2013 he also launched his first book in watercolor medium “Amit kapoor LANDSCAPES IN WATERCOLOR“. He is the only Indian Watercolor Artist to get Silver Star Award from National Watercolor Society, USA. He is only Indian Artist invited for Live Demonstration by world’s biggest Art Channel “ SAA”, UK.
Born at New Delhi in 1975
Passed BFA Applied Art, College of Art, New Delhi in 1998
Passed MA Painting, Jiwaji University, Gwalior in 2004
- Founder of Watercolour Society of India (WSI)
- Vice President of International Watercolor Society Global (IWS)
- President of International Watercolor Society India. (IWS-INDIA)
- Brand Ambassador of Mejillo Mision Gold Colors
- Signature Brushes of world’s Finest Brand “ESCODA” from Barcelona, Spain.
Brand Ambassador of LANA AQUARELLE Papers
- Founder & Principal of Anitoons The School of Art & Animation, a division of Amarnath Educational Trust.
- Editor of International Watercolor Society Magazine
- Curator & Organizer of International Watercolor Society India Biennale, India.
- Curator & Organizer of 1st OLYMPIART 2019 World’s biggest Watercolor Festival.
- In the jury panel of Jaipur Animation Film Festival (JAFF), 2010
- In the jury Panel of Jamia Millia Islamia (Mass Communication PG Animation Department),
- Assit. Prof. at College of Art, Delhi (Visiting) since 2002.
- Visiting Lecturer at Jamia Millia Islamia (Mass Communication Post Graduation Department), 2005-06
- Visiting Lecturer at Meerabai Institute of technology, Delhi University, 2010
Visiting Lecturer at Apeejay Institute of Design, 2003-04